Friday 8:30am update

Looks like it might be another long day. Laura seems to gave slept most of the night. She is still on the assisted breathing machine, and her breathing is better. Her hands have warmed up, but they are swollen. They have taken her off the anxiety drugs. She was a bit confused last night, so they decided to take her off the drugs. She seems to be handling it well.

They took another chest xray to compare to the one from a few days ago. They did blood cultures to help determine if she has an infection and what it might be, but that will take 2-3 days. They think there is an infection in the lungs along with the pneumonia.

We are awaiting the visit from the primary doctr to find out more information, I will post again once we get that.

Comments

1. Teri in CO says:

Thanks for the update! I'm praying! How are you doing???

2. Eunice says:

The oxygen saturation sounds good. I went thru that with premature babies,and I remember what that's like. so her levels are real good. I know it's hard, but just know you have alot of people out here who care about you guys! You guys are still in my prayers and I send you strength.

3. Kevin says:

Teri, I am doing ok, really hard to see her like this, but I am making it thru, thanks

4. Laura says:

It has to be hard on you Kevin – feeling helpless. You do have a lot of prayers and love coming your way. Hang in there.

5. Jamie says:

There are a lot of people that care about Laura at STC and so the Nursing and Allied Health Dean has asked that a Patient Care Nurse come check to see if you all need anything.

6. Kevin says:

Thanks Laura and Jamie!

Jamie, an RN did stop by this morning and talk with us, let us know that they were there to provide support or answer questions, anything we needed. Thanks so much to STC for their support and care for the faculty.